Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Favorite Vegan Pasta Bolognese

Its time for some more vegan recipes...


...somehow I have been lazy with posting recipes these past weeks but now I prepared a few posts with my favorite whole food, plant baesd alternatives to some of my favorite dishes. These include bolognese, carbonara, and lasagna. I will start with my favorite vegan bolognese sauce. There are soooo many recipes out there for vegan bolognese and I tried many of them. This one became my favorite.

You will need:

Around 800 gr diced canned tomatoes or tomatoe puree
Around 200 gr tofu
1 eggplant
Two carrots
As much celeriac as carrots
1-2 onions
Fresh garlic
Some red wine OR red wine vinegar
1 bay leaf
Oregano
Italian herbs to your taste
Pepper
Salt
Sugar

Optional: Olives, fresh rosmary, fresh basil, some fresh tomatoes... 

You can of course vary this recipe to your taste. Sometimes I leave out the tofu, sometimes I add some zuccini or savoy cabbage - it always depends on what you have in your fridge and what you like :) 
I just think the celeriac is important for the taste, and so are onion, carrot and garlic. Besides, add ALL the veggies you like :)



To begin, chop everything into small dices and crumble the tofu. 
Then fry the egg plant and the tofu in a pan together with a bay leaf. Fry until the tofu is getting golden/brown and the eggplant is getting soft. 

Then add the other veggies - carrots, celeriac, onion and garlic and fry them with the tofu and the eggplant.  
Next, add some red wine or red wine vinegar and allow the tofu to absorb the liquid. Then add the diced tomatoes or tomatoe puree. Finally, add all the herbs and the sugar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Take out the bay leaf in the end.

You can also add olives, or fresh basil or rosemary if you like. And you can sprinkle yeast flakes on top of everything if you like. I usually sprinkle some yeast flakes over my bolognese in the end, since I like this parmesan-like taste :) 



Add the sauce to the pasta of your choice and ENJOY as much as you like - this recipe is without added fats, vegan and healthy. You will get lots of energy from it and it really tastes so so good! 
If you want to make it even more healthy, eat the sauce with whole grain pasta of your choice (wheat or spelt or what you like...) since they have much more nutrients than white pastas do. 



Let me know how you liked this bolognese after trying! Or maybe you have already found YOUR favorite vegan bolognese? I would love to read your favorite recipe!

16 comments:

  1. Amazing alternative for meat, I love all pasta dishes and vegetable sauses, looks yummy:) U must be very excited since it's ur last weeks of pregnancy, I keep my fingers crossed for u and ur baby, have a great evening:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my favorite food!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ähnlich mache ich die auch immer, aber insgesamt noch etwas tomatiger. Ist einfach nur genial und lecker, oder?

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! This look delish!! I have never tried celeric! Ill have to give it a try!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice!! looks super yummy!!
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom



    ReplyDelete
  6. You ALWAYS make my mouth water Larissa! This pasta looks incredibly delicious. I've made something similar with soy crumbles for the meat - and I use fennel and other spices to flavor it like italian sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am absolutely sure I would love it, it looks so tasty and yummy, Larissa.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so yummy!
    xx

    GIVEAWAY on our blog ;)

    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es/2015/03/banggood-worldwide-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so delicious! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. richtig toll das sieht so lecker aus
    ich freue mich gerade so enorm über ein veganes Rezept
    danke
    und bitte mehr davon <3

    Hoffe du schaust auch mal bei mir vorbei <3
    http://miss-amelyrose.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, you should show this to me, seriously. It looks amazingly delicious! My mouth waters when I look at those pictures:)
    I love vegetarian food most of all, I will definitely try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liebe Larissa,
    danke für das Rezept, das muss ich unbedingt ausprobieren! Nämlich absolut mein Geschmack, da ich Fleisch eh nicht so mag, aber Auberginen liebe. Nur unserem Sohn muss ich die Auberginen irgendwie unterjubeln, denn die mag er nämlich gar nicht :) Wünsche Dir noch einen schönen Wochenausklang, hoffentlich geht es Euch gut.
    Liebe Grüße von Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! so cool, dear!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing and healthy recipe! Really like this kind of pasta, delicious! Thanks for visiting and coment in my blog dear, kisses
    http://lilbourne.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I am always happy to hear about your opinion, advices and whatever else comes to your mind when visiting my blog :)