Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Barley Grass

Most of you know how much I love my green smoothies...

... I have them everyday and I am so much in love with my high speed blender and my smoothies that I am actually taking my blender with me on vacation (its a vitamix, a pretty heavy machine!). Yes. Thats how much I love my smoothies. Since I love to experiment with new smoothies constantly, I was thrilled when jomu asked me to try their barley grass. I was trying wheat grass a couple of times but never barley grass (which is said to be easier digested compared to wheat grass).  

When I received the package from jomu I instantly made a smoothie with the barley grass. I made my current fav - orange and pineapple (sooo refreshing in Summer and soooo sweet and yummy!) adding the barley grass. It tasted not bad at all and gave the smoothie this wonderful green color that I love. 

jomu is a German company and their barley grass is 100% organic (otherwise I would not have tried it actually, perfect quality is really important to me when it comes to superfoods and additions to my smoothies) and of course it's vegan. I have to say that I LOVE it! 

Let me tell you a little more about this superfood! It containts beta carotene, vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 (yes!!!), pantothenic acid, and folic acid. Furthermore the minerals potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and magnesium. Other constituents are chlorophyll, amino acids, protein, fiber, and enzymes. So basically, it's pretty much magic. Some say its the healthiest thing one can find on the planet. I am not enough of an expert to confirm but I can at least tell you that I feel fit and I am somehow almost constantly in a good mood since I am drinking my daily dosis of barley grass (either in water or in a smoothie). There may be 1 million other reasons for that but there is a chance that the barley grass is playing a role in it :)

jomu approached me right at the perfect time, since I am breastfeeding and I am in need of extra minerals and vitamins. Of course I can also get all my minerals from my whole food plant based diet but adding the barley grass to it make things even easier for me and gives me a more secure feeling of getting everything I need.I can totally recommend checking out the website from jomu to get to know more about barley grass. I am a huge fan of the company and I may show you some other of their healthy products sometime soon :)  



Have you every tried barley grass? Or other super foods? What are your favorites? I woudl love to know!

Sending much love!

25 comments:

  1. I totally have a good friend/coworker that swears by these green smoothies! She makes them every morning and sometimes I get lucky and she makes one for me as well ;) I think it's awesome you are so into this. You must feel energized like a super human all the time!

    XO K
    www.kellmenow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also da bin ich ja einmal mehr verblüfft, liebe Larissa! Nein von Gerstengras habe ich noch nie gehört, aber ich bin überzeugt davon, es macht sich super im Smoothie :) Und dann ist es auch noch so wunderbar grün ... und offenbar wirklich gesund! Danke fürs Vorstellen und noch eine schöne Woche.
    Liebe Grüße von Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear
    It seems so nice, I have to try it
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great juice.
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful ingredient! I love to make smoothies as well, but I desperately need a proper blender.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had barley grass in a smoothie! I may need to try it! Orange in pineapple sounds so delicious!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure it's tasty!
    kireikana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great product, I have never tried it:) When it comes to green smoothies, I only made kale smoothie with banana and apple juice - very tasty:) I think kale is also a superfood right? And I dont know if fava beans are super food, but I made realy yummy kale and fava bean vegetarian salad yesterday:) Have a lovely time with your parents, hugs:)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hui, B12 ist immer gern gesehen! Ist aber auch in unserem Billig-Multivitaminsaft drin, wie ich gestern mit Freuden festgestellt habe...

    LG,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fruit you added to this smoothie I would probably try it because it just sounds so good! I love the look of the smoothie as well :) I love that your bringing your blender with you x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm that smoothie looks so good! I love that you added some fruit to it :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! Nice <3

    http://www.adelaacanski.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I admit, I've never tried any superfoods and I don't have much knowledge on this area... but I loved reading what you got to say :) Thanks for sharing these information with us. Have a nice day. xx Maja
    http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great!
    Have a nice day :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks great and so healthy!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummy, I am hungry and thank you so much for your support!! I deeply appreciate it ;)
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory
    @MyLyfeMyStoryBlog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I actually learned something. And no, I never tried it, will change that though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw I will definitely try this! Thanks for sharing, sounds really great! Have a lovely day!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks dear friend :D It is important for me to know that you find the posts helpful because what I want most is to be able to at least get a little inspiration.

    Seems delicious! I'd love to try :D

    NEW OUTFIT POST <3
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. yes we know it!!!! i have tried them cause now i such a sport healthy woman hahaha kisses
    muakkk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I am always happy to hear about your opinion, advices and whatever else comes to your mind when visiting my blog :)